Friday, January 6, 2012

Kinda Sorta Winterish

Today we have something like winter happening.  It is snowing and in the mid-20s.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny and in the mid 40s, but for today, I will take this winter-like stuff.  The heat actually came on in the daylight, which it has only done once or twice since we finally turned it on 3 weeks ago--usually it just comes on once or twice at night.  I have some split pea soup in my 7 quart Crock Pot, lots of stuff to listen to on BBC, and a sock cuff to knit.  I have some dark chocolate truffle coffee left to drink and plenty of tea to brew once that is gone.  In addition to the jeans and sweater, I have on a mohair lace shawl, a pair of alpaca socks and a pair of wool/mohair slippers over them.  I am prepared.  I am content. And now I am off to enjoy this little taste of winter--the way things are going, it may be the only taste I get!!

No comments: