Saturday, January 24, 2015

She's Ready for Spring

The other day as we were leaving, we bumped into our neighbour. She mentioned what a beautiful day it was and said, "Got the new flowers planted. Ready for spring now!" I responded politely, but didn't really know what she meant, because I didn't see any new flowers on the deck.

When we got downstairs and outside, I saw that she'd cleaned out the stone planters that are on either side of the door and planted some new flowers. That area never gets any sun at this time of year, so the bright, beautiful flowers really stand out!

I have no idea what kind of flowers these are, but they are lovely!


On the way home, I stopped and snapped a photo of the mass of heather (I think) in someone's front garden.
I've been enjoying wandering around with my new-to-me camera and taking photos. It's funny to see how Bill and I see different things--we rarely take a photo of the same thing, or if we do, it's usually from a different perspective. Of course, he knows what he is doing and I am just clicking away, but I am pretty pleased sometimes with the results of a lucky shot! And I found myself chuckling the other day when I would stand there clicking away, taking a bunch of photos of moss on trees from several different angles while he stood there and waited for me to finish. In the past, it's always been me standing there waiting :-)

Hope your Saturday is peaceful and pleasant!


No comments: