Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow is Thursday in Ireland, but here at the Old Coast Guard Station (aka "The Commune") it will be Thanksgiving. We will all gather for a meal tomorrow and enjoy good food, conversation, and friendship. Last night I had two slow cookers (one mine and one borrowed) cooking squash. Tonight they will be in use for sweet potatoes. In the morning I will make the stuffing for the turkey a friend and neighbour special-ordered from Dave and Kath, the butchers downtown. Early in the afternoon I will make the mashed potatoes. We are working together, borrowing stuff, and using various refrigerators to keep the food. It takes a village :-)

If you will be celebrating Thanksgiving, I wish you a wonderful day. If not, then I wish you a wonderful Thursday :-)


No comments: