Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Smoked Salmon Potato Pancakes

I had leftover mashed potatoes. I had leftover smoked salmon. In the freezer I had a small container of finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower, onion, and red bell pepper that I had sauteed in olive oil and had left over from another meal. I decided to make potato pancakes. I put the mashed potatoes in a bowl and added 2 eggs, incorporating well. Then I added some garlic powder, black pepper, parsley, and enough wholemeal flour to make a wet dough. In went some shredded cheddar and chopped smoked salmon. These were folded in. A bit of olive oil in a pan, a heaping large spoonful of the dough, which then got spread out, and some patience while each pancake cooked and got golden brown was all that was required after that!! They are really good. And there are a couple left for tomorrow, too-new leftovers from the old leftovers. Yay!

No comments: