Monday, August 22, 2016

Buttoned Up

I had an idea for one of the buttons I got at the charity shop in Buncrana a couple of weeks ago, so this afternoon I decided to try it out. I grabbed one of the big black vinyl buttons, the ball of size 10 purple variegated thread that I brought home from Sligo, and my 1.5mm crochet hook, which I got in Fairbanks years ago, and I started crocheting. A while later, I'd ended up with a bracelet.

When I started hooking this, I thought I might use a smaller button to close it, but then I remembered that in my little collection of odds and ends I had a little lobster claw clasp from somewhere, so I opted to use that instead. I crocheted it on and reinforced that with the end as I was hiding it.

The button is about 1 1/2 inches across by itself and with the crocheting, it is about 2 1/4 inches. I have three more of these buttons--not sure what I will do with them or the others I got at the same time. Guess time will tell!

Hope the new week has started off well for you. Happy Monday!

No comments: