Monday, November 21, 2016

From Sea to Tree

I went rummaging around in my pile of found sea glass and came across a green triangle. Seemed like it would be a nice tree, so I sat down with my thread scraps and crochet hook and played around a little.
This is what it looks like with light behind it. Please excuse the wobbly freehand crop job :-)
I like it! Plenty more beach finds to play with, too. Yay!

I finished playing with sea glass and thread just in time to go make supper. It was a good day for soup and sandwich, so I made cream of vegetable soup and grilled cheese. It was yummy.
I love the colour of the soup. It was pretty basic--onion, red bell pepper, carrots, celery, garlic--all diced and sweated in some olive oil. Then I added potatoes that I'd cut in small pieces and just barely covered with water. I let that cook until the potatoes were done, took the pot off the stove, added some milk and whizzed everything up with my stick blender, adding some black pepper and a sprinkle or two of crushed red pepper. It hit the spot.

Hope Thanksgiving week has started off well!

No comments: