Thursday, December 22, 2016

They Know Me So Well

Yesterday Bill took off for the recycling area in town where we can bring tins and glass. While he was there, he spotted something that was left there because it would not fit into the round hole in the bin. He picked it up, looked at it, said to himself, 'Shari would take this.' He put it in his backpack and brought it home.
I washed it and let it dry. It is metal and will be a perfect frame for some future project! The cardboard backing was all wet, so he left it there, but that is easily replaced.  He is right--I would have taken it.

When we got back from Sligo the other day there were a couple of parcels waiting by our door. One was from our daughter and I had to chuckle when I read the note inside. She mentioned the back issues of the crochet magazines she sent and said she saw them at a thrift store. 'I figured you'd like them,' she wrote. She knows her mother well 😊 I love them. A couple of them are not even being published anymore and the Old Time Crochet has some tatting in it too.
I will have a good time looking through these.

I love it when I can use stuff that has been cast aside by someone else! 

Hope your days are full of happy surprises too!


No comments: